Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I love to play in the dirt

Ever since I was little I have always enjoyed playing in the dirt. I remember making gourmet hamburgers out of mud, grass and leaves. I would put them on Grandma Heaton's old charcoal grill that was conveniently places by the old red picnic table where my costumers would be seated. I would chat with my pretend costumers as I would cook their food. I didn't want to be rude.
 I also made trenches and tunnels for the cars and there always seamed to be some kind of flood and I would fill them up with water.  Grandpa Blair (Don) always had trenches in his garden. He would place the hose in one spot and the water would follow along and water every single plant. It was so cool to me to watch the water go from plant to plant. Every year when I plant my garden I usually try to do something similar but I can never get it to water every plant.
It has been so warm and it has made me anxious to get out and play in the dirt gown-up style.  I have already planted my garden for the year so I'm now praying for no frost. 
I still have some trenches to play in but to any untrained eye I'm just watering my garden.

No comments: